Alternate explanations (other than the actual, you know, canonical one) for this gif in 3… 2… 1…
- “DAD I’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THREE HOURS AND I STILL CAN’T FIND YOUR FLASK, CAN WE PLEASE GO HOME ALREADY“
- “Yes,” Legolas says to himself, emerging with a triumphant gasp from beneath the snow, “I could be a winter bear if I wanted to.”
- “GIMLI THERE’S NO CAVE ENTRANCE DOWN HERE THIS ISN’T FUNNY STOP LAUGHING”
- It’s perfect, Legolas thinks, looking around to make sure he wasn’t followed. No one will ever think to look for my hope chest down THERE.
- Once again, Legolas loses a contest to Arwen. He thought for sure that he could beat her at longest time spent weathering the cold, but the snow atop her hidey-hole is entirely unbroken. Damn. (This is especially humiliating given his recent loss at their long-running game of “Who Can Marry The Tallest Non-Elf?”)
- “Gimli, look! It snowed while we were asleep!”
- Aragorn seriously needs to start farming out the testing of his potential punishments for traitors and oath-breakers to some other elf. Old history and shared victory is all well and good, but at this rate Legolas’s hair is going to frizz.
- “THEY HAVE TO HAVE TAKEN THE HOBBITS TO ISENGARD BECAUSE THEY’RE SURE AS FUCK NOT UNDER HERE”
"NO DAD YOU DIDN’T PARK YOUR PARTY ELK HERE"
"DAD I TOLD YOU THE SNOW RAVE WAS A BAD IDEA"